AT&T in California
AT&T has invested in our California communications networks, our people and local communities for 140 years.
"I'm proud that our continued investment in California is driving innovation and opening up new possibilities for consumers and entrepreneurs."
- Ken McNeely, President of AT&T Pacific Region
- AT&T has more than 33,000 employees working in California as of December 31, 2017.
- We have more than 46,000 retirees living in California.
- We have 1,470 retail locations in California, including our company owned retail stores, authorized dealerships, and national retail stores.
AT&T invested more than $7.2 billion in our wired and wireless networks in California from 2014-2016.
We have spent more than $19.7 billion on goods and services purchased from suppliers based in California in 2016.
- Our operations in California have generated more than $1.3 billion in local and state taxes in 2016.
- AT&T has made 2,850 upgrades to our network in California from 2015-2017 -- including building new cell sites, adding wireless and wired network capacity, and creating new broadband network connections.
- Our 4G network covers 99.8% of the population in California, and our LTE network covers 99.8% of the population in California.
- Through AT&T's Aspire Mentoring Academy, our employees have mentored 36,339 California students from 2012 to December 2016.
AT&T and our employees have contributed more than $37.5 million from 2013-2015 through giving programs in California.
AT&T employees and retirees in California have given more than 530,000 hours of personal time to community outreach activities in 2016.