AT&T* is prepared for Hurricane Florence with an arsenal of disaster response equipment and personnel on standby.
We have started our storm preparedness process as we closely monitor Hurricane Florence as it heads towards the Southeast. Our preparation includes:
- Topping off fuel generators.
- Testing high-capacity back-up batteries at cell sites.
- Protecting physical facilities against flooding with sandbags.
- Staging other emergency response equipment in strategic locations for quick deployment following the storm.
“Customers rely on us, especially during major storms," said Scott Mair, president of Operations, AT&T Technology & Operations. "We do all we can to have our networks prepared when severe weather strikes. Our people are experienced, constantly perfecting the process and are ready to respond at a moment’s notice.”
Our AT&T National Disaster Recovery (NDR) program is one of the industry’s largest and most advanced disaster response programs. The NDR fleet includes hundreds of technology recovery and support trailers nationwide that can be quickly deployed to support customers and first responders.
Response equipment readied in the wake of an event may include:
- Mobile cell sites and mobile command centers like Cell on Wheels (COWs) and Cell on Light Trucks (COLTs)
- Emergency communications vehicles (ECVs)
- Flying Cell on Wings (Flying COWs)
- A self-sufficient base camp. This is complete with sleeping tents, bathrooms, kitchen, laundry facilities, on-site nurse and meals ready to eat (MREs).
- Hazmat equipment and supplies
- Technology and support trailers to provide infrastructure support and mobile heating ventilation and air conditioning
- Internal and external resources for initial assessment and recovery efforts
*About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we innovate to improve lives. We have the nation’s largest and most reliable network and the nation’s best network for video streaming.** We’re building FirstNet just for first responders and creating next-generation mobile 5G. With DIRECTV and DIRECTV NOW, we deliver entertainment people love to talk about. Our smart, highly secure solutions serve over 3 million global businesses – nearly all of the Fortune 1000. And worldwide, our spirit of service drives employees to give back to their communities.
AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc. Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at facebook.com/att and on YouTube at youtube.com/att.
© 2018 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
**Coverage not available everywhere. Based on overall coverage in U.S. licensed/roaming areas. Reliability based on 3rd party data.
|* Full Name|
COMMENT MODERATION POLICY
AT&T pre-moderates comments on our blog before they are published. This means there will be a delay between the time a comment is submitted and it appears on the post. Profanity, or topics that are not germane to the post will not be approved for posting. If you wish to communicate with AT&T regarding customer service you may do so via phone at 1-800-331-0500. We are also available on Twitter at @ATTCustomerCare.