We have some exciting news to share!
AT&T has invested more than $40 million in our Minneapolis wireless network to boost cellular capacity in preparation for pro football’s Big Game in February.
We’ve been working for over a year to boost the network in Minneapolis for the Big Game. We’ve done this through a series of permanent and temporary upgrades throughout the city.
So when fans head to Minneapolis for the highly anticipated Big Game, they can expect a better and faster mobile experience to share special moments – both in and out of the stadium. AT&T’s network inside the stadium alone could provide coverage to a city the size of Minneapolis (470,000 people).
AT&T’s significant network investments to prepare for the Big Game include:
- We invested more than $40 million in our Minneapolis wireless network.
- That includes 122 additional new or enhanced cell sites in the Minneapolis, St. Paul and Bloomington areas.
- We’ve also made significant upgrades to the Distributed Antenna System (DAS) at the host stadium in downtown Minneapolis. It will now provide nearly 220% more LTE capacity than at the start of the 2017 football season.
- We’ve placed more than 800 antennas in the stadium to help manage heavy wireless traffic on game day.
- Outside of the stadium network, we’ve also upgraded or installed new DAS at 16 locations throughout the Minneapolis area, including nearby hotels, arenas, airports and convention centers.
- We’re also deploying 10 temporary Cell on Wheels (COWS) throughout Minneapolis to handle expected increased wireless network demands for the Big Game.
We also recently launched 5G Evolution in parts of Minneapolis. That means we’ve upgraded cell towers with ultra-fast LTE Advanced features that, along with our upgrades, are providing faster speeds and a better experience for customers with compatible devices.
When fans head to Minneapolis to cheer on their favorite team, we want them to have a great network experience. But the network enhancements in Minneapolis won’t go away after the Big Game. They’re permanent and will continue to benefit customers beyond February.
We are proud of our investments in Minneapolis, and we are excited for the Big Game!
You can share this with your friends and family, using the social media buttons below:
|* Full Name|
COMMENT MODERATION POLICY
AT&T pre-moderates comments on our blog before they are published. This means there will be a delay between the time a comment is submitted and it appears on the post. Profanity, or topics that are not germane to the post will not be approved for posting. If you wish to communicate with AT&T regarding customer service you may do so via phone at 1-800-331-0500. We are also available on Twitter at @ATTCustomerCare.