There are many free wireless security apps you can download to protect your smartphone and safeguard your personal information. These apps can set off an alarm when your phone is moved, remotely track the location of your phone, and wipe information remotely. There are even apps that covertly take real-time photos from the device so you can see who has your phone
Take advantage of these apps, so if your smartphone is lost or stolen, you have tools available to not only track your phone, but wipe your phone’s information remotely.
Download free security apps today:
- Android phones: Android’s Device Manager helps protect users from theft by collecting location data and sending it to Google, making it easy to locate, call or clear a phone from a different device.
- Anti-Theft Alarm: When activated, Anti-Theft Alarm triggers a siren when a phone is moved or when the charger is disconnected.
Prey Anti-Theft: Prey Anti-Theft tracks and locates lost or stolen phones by using geolocation. With this app, users can also lock their phone remotely.
Google Authenticator: Google Authenticator creates a two-step verification code on phones that helps prevent thieves from accessing accounts and other information.
- Windows phones: Windows’ program Find My Phone enables users to call, lock, erase and show a phone’s location from any Internet enabled device.
- Apple phones: iPhone users can use Apple’s iCloud to help track a lost or stolen phone. In Lost Mode, users can also track past locations of where their phone has been. iCloud also allows users to lock their phone instantly if necessary.
- Prey Anti-Theft: Prey Anti-Theft tracks and locates lost or stolen phones by using geolocation. With this app, users can also lock their phone remotely.
- Hidden Anti-Theft: Hidden Anti-Theft tracks the location of iPhones and has the ability to covertly take real time photos from the phone so users can see who has it and where they are.
- Lookout: With Lookout, consumers can locate lost or stolen devices, set off an alarm, download contacts to a new device, and more.
- Keeper: Keeper protects users by encrypting login, financial and other digital information and using a two-factor authentication.
- Find My iPhone: If your phone is lost or stolen, you can erase it remotely if you had previously set up the Find My iPhone app on the device.
Don't forget to back up your phone. You can do it either by syncing your phone to your computer with a USB cable, or through many of the free security apps described above.